Common Questions about RS Vacations Rental Homes
What are Check-In and Check-Out Times?
- Standard Check-in is 3:00 pm and Check-out is 11:00 am. Larger homes may have a check-in of 4:00 pm and check-out of 10:00 am if deemed necessary by RS Vacations.
- Holiday Check-in is 4:00 pm and Check-out is 10:00 am.
- You will come to our office at 436 W. Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear City, CA 92314 (see Driving Directions on website) to sign in and pick up keys as well as receive directions to your vacation property.
What Incidentals are Included in my Vacation Rental Property?
- Linens: sheets and bedding for each bed, a towel set-up for each guest
- Extra blankets and bedding
- Basic paper goods in baths and kitchen, trash bags
- Soaps, dish and dishwasher soaps, complementary conditioning shampoos
What Amenities are Included in the Kitchen
- Full size refrigerator, microwave, oven and stove (Dishwashers at most locations. See individual property page.)
- Coffeepot with filters, blender, toaster or toaster oven
- Dishes, cutlery, bake ware, glasses for your group size, plus extras
- Cooking utensils, cutting board(s) and miscellaneous kitchen gadgets
What is the Weather Like During the Year?
We are in the mountains at 6500 ft. so we can have weather extremes very different than at sea level.
- Summer: Generally mid to upper 70's in the day and mid 40's at night
- Spring and Fall: Generally mid 60's in the day and mid to upper 30's at night
- Winter: Generally 30's to 40's in the day and 10's to 20's at night (occasionally colder)
How can I Prepare for Winter Weather?
- DRIVING: Bring chains with you and be ready to put them on if needed. This rule ALSO applies to 4-Wheel Drive vehicles. Driving during or after snowstorms can be challenging and road restrictions may apply. We urge you to plan ahead, be prepared and watch weather and road conditions (see links on our website).
- Bring plenty of warm clothes (layering is recommended) and warm hats, gloves, and good insulated boots or shoes.
- Your vacation rental drive and path to the front door will be cleared. Properties will also have snow shovels should snow fall during your stay. NOTE: Clearing may be delayed to your house if snowfall has recently or is currently occurring. Please be patient. We will get to you as quickly as we can.
What Fees am I Being Charged?
- Cleaning Fee
- Taxes Required by Law
- 3% Credit Card Processing Charge
- Any special/optional items requested